Initially the temple was owned by 29 ooranma illams(Brahmin families). After the attack of Tipu Sulthan in A. D 1790, the Travancore kings took over the administration of the temple. Later Sree Moolam Thirunal Maharaja took initiatives to renovate the temple and the renovation was completed during the period of Sree Chithira Thirunal Maharaja. In 1950, the temple was handed over to Travancore Devaswom Board(TDB). Now TDB effectively manages the temple and Kshethropadesaka Samithi wholeheartedly attempts to bring back the ancient glory of the temple.
Back to 13 Divya desams Back to Nalambalams